Sunday, May 2, 2010

Shopping Cart

A few weeks ago I was at a large retail store and had paid for my purchases. I was heading to the car with my wife and two children and the shopping cart full of merchandise. We arrived at the car, buckled the children into their car seats, and loaded the trunk. As I was finishing loading the trunk of the car an employee happened to be walking by. He jogged over and asked if I was done with the cart. I responded that I was and he asked if I would like him to put the cart away. I once again acknowledged in the affirmative. He grabbed the cart and as he began to push it back to the store (mind you he was smiling the entire time) he thanked me for shopping there and wished me a good evening. I have gone back to that same store (one I don't normally visit often) at least 4 times since then. Small and simple things. It's all about the small and simple acts of kindness. That is what great customer service, common "cents" customer service, is all about.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, I think you have a LOT to blog about. It is amazing how so much can relate back to customer service.

    ReplyDelete